It’s almost as if she’s playing Sarah Palin being played by Tina Fey playing Sarah Palin. She’s so outrageous in her incomprehensible blabbering, it’s just awesome entertainment. Watch the onetime vice president hopeful, back from boomeranging through the Fox newsroom (she’s a pundit! No, she’s fired! No, she’s back for election coverage!) on the “Today” show this morning, promoting her new book “Good Tidings and Great Joy.” Palin’s latest yarn is about the War on Christmas and how to save the holiday with its own Constitutional protections from attorneys and angry Atheist Scrooges. In her one-on-one with Matt Lauer, she also touched on a Republican plan for healthcare (spoiler: there isn’t one) and politicians from Ted Cruz to Chris Christie.
Here are some key takeaways:
- Christmas is “under assault by atheists and secular liberals”
- “I love the commercialization of Christmas because it spreads the Christmas cheer! It’s the most jolly holiday, obviously, on our calendar. It’s wonderful.”
- “When you stand in the middle of the road, you’re going to get hit on both sides of the road.”
- The broken ACA website is a metaphor for a “broken administration” and “socialized medicine that’s being crammed down our throat” that is unaffordable.
- Matt Lauer: Where’s the Tea Party’s healthcare plan? Palin: Blah blah blah blah tort reform blah blah the far left! blah blah the FREE MARKET blah blah!
- Palin says she “would never put her faith and hope in any one individual politician – except Ronald Reagan.”
Hopefully Kathy Lee and Hoda got her wasted. Girl clearly needs another glass.